Wed, Aug 21|
Masterclass Troika (1)
Six days. Top experts. Welcome to Masterclass.
Horário e local
Aug 21, 2019, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
troika, R. Delfina, 118 - 1st floor - Vila Madalena, São Paulo - SP, 05443-010, Brazil
Sobre o evento
Troika proudly presents its Masterclass, a six-day course with an innovative, modern take on different aspects of English teaching.
Throughout this immersion, six tutors will show you the state-of-the-art of the topics below.
If you want to expand your teaching practice and incorporate the best ideas in ELT at the moment, you cannot miss it!
- On July 3rd, Catarina Pontes will address Pronunciation . Learn more about phonology and how you can work with it in class to improve you students' communication. Some of the topics covered will be:
- Linguistic harm
- Working with Pronunciation in class
- Oral understanding and production
- On July 4th, Paulo Dantas will discuss Education Technology . Discover ways technology can be used to improve learning, what has been going on and what is about to come.
- On July 5th, Gabriel Ribeiro will talk about Developing Skills . Find out what has already been written about it and how this can impact your classes. Some of the topics covered will be:
- Receptive skills x Productive Skills
- Skills class – stages
- Strategies on how to develop sub-skills
- Difference between test and develop
- Different kinds of exercises
- On July 6th, Vinicius Nobre will explore Methods and Approaches . Join him in an exploration of the myriad of possibilities in ELT and discover their strengths and weaknesses to make the difference in your practice. Some of the topics covered will be:
- What's the difference between a method and an approach?
- How did methods and approaches develop historically?
- What are the principles, the advantages and disadvantages of: Grammar Translation, the Natural Approach, Audiolingualism, Direct Method, Lexical Approach, Communicative Approach, Dogme, Total Physical Response, Community Language Teaching, Task-Based Learning, Content-Based instruction, the Silent way, Suggestopedia.
- What's the Post-Method Era?
- How can I use my knowledge of Methods and Approaches to improve my practice?
- On July 8th, Renata Borges will discuss Young Learners . Explore the specificities of teaching young learners, different aspects and how to go beyond games and songs. Some of the topics covered will be:
- Children behavior in class
- Classroom Management
- Using routine to help you
- L1 x L2 - when to use which and why
- Working with stories
- Working with songs
- Games - when to use and why
- On July 9th, Leticia Moraes will talk about Teaching Teens Today . Learn more about the challenges and possibilities, as well as the particularities of teaching teenagers in an increasingly more connected world.
All courses will be delivered in English, from 9am to 5pm, with a lunch break.
Troika Members have special conditions for this course. Become a member now!